test 15vs9

KOLAN

Kolan, one suggestion regarding this survey:
Instead of scoring by the Won/Lost record of 10-hand-series' -- score by the total number of cumulative hands.[/QUOTE]

i cant do this becose if 1 sceptik gona cam and
send results
samples
stand win 0 lost 10
hit win 10 lost 0
or i run 200 hands
and results
stand win 0 lost 100
hit win 100 lost 0
it is not gona by true bet it is efect my test
in my test all playre testit , not only 1 players
sorry

Last edited:

Renzey

KOLAN said:
Okay, I just manually played 15 against a 9 one hundred times each way. Here are the results:

STAND: Win 21, Lose 79 = 58 bet loss.
HIT: Win 24, Lose 67, Push 9 = 43 bet loss.

Your own mileage will surely vary.

KOLAN

Renzey said:
Okay, I just manually played 15 against a 9 one hundred times each way. Here are the results:

STAND: Win 21, Lose 79 = 58 bet loss.
HIT: Win 24, Lose 67, Push 9 = 43 bet loss.

Your own mileage will surely vary.
it is 100 not 20
2 ansfer before a tolking about this

Why are we fueling this guys fire haha.

I guess while we are on the topic I want all of you to do 20 coin flips. When I flipped my quarter 20 times I got 14 heads and 6 tails. I am pretty sure that means that you should always pick heads right?

KOLAN

1357111317 said:
Why are we fueling this guys fire haha.

I guess while we are on the topic I want all of you to do 20 coin flips. When I flipped my quarter 20 times I got 14 heads and 6 tails. I am pretty sure that means that you should always pick heads right?
whot about if i do same wich 10vs 9
20 times . it is not statistik :laugh:
small ,bet it is statistik
dont send yours skeptik post
i whont here only 20 hands from player

itrack

i cant believe i actually did this

STAND- win 4 lose 6
HIT- win 1 lose 9

most pointless thing ive ever done i think, if i woulda done the stand trials second i woulda lost every single one. So really you could look at my results as doing 30 trials almost...

STAND- Win 0 Lost 10

Hit-win 1 lose 9-------using the same trials as the ones where i lost 10, this time i hit a 6 on one hand to make 21 instead of losing all 10

stand-win 4 lose 6

Canceler

Can't believe I did this either...

HIT: 1 win, 7 losses, 2 pushes

STAND: 0 wins, 10 losses

Will BS prove to be BS? :eek:

Stay tuned!! :joker::joker::joker:

Kasi

Renzey said:
Here are the actual odds on multi-deck 15 vs. 9:
the play...........win........lose........tie.......net result
STAND............22.9%......77.1%......0%........-54.2%
HIT................23.2%......70.4%......6.4%.....-47.2%...
Hi Mr. Renzey,

What software, if any, do you use, or how do you figure out W/L/T %'s for various hands?

Even in the simplest case, say 2 player and 1 dealer card off the top, can idiots like me somehow figure this out or do I have to buy something?

Better yet, any published tables to consult?

Like I find it interesting from the tables Ken published on W/L/T %'s for doubling, for BJ tournament purposes, how one still doubles even though one will win fewer than 50% of those hands due to pushes vs losses ratio.

Contrary to the perhaps generally accepted opinion, and one that does seem to have an appealing logic, one actually doesn't only double a hand unless one has over a 50% chance of winning that hand.

To k_c, does your stuff figure out W/L/T %'s?

Just was wondering. Basically, for years lmao.

KOLAN

15vs9
hit or stand
basik strategy say hit
in this test all players take
1 deck
10,5vs 9
shufle after hands played
stand 10 times
hit 10 times
results for 160 hands played
hit -42 unit
stand -28 unit
can you play 20 hands
and send yours results

stophon

Stand
2 win
8 loss

Hit
1win
7 loss
2 push

It's amazing how much the pushes help the player in this situation. I suggest your count be (units won)-(units lost) or else your results will be wrong. Standing has a very similar win rate to hitting but it has a much higher lose rate. Perfect example of this is in my results.

Renzey

Kasi said:
What software, if any, do you use, or how do you figure out W/L/T %'s for various hands? Any published tables to consult?
Published EV tables are available thru some online sites, but a very handy hard copy version is in the back of Professional Blackjack by Stanford Wong. This is strictly an "EV" chart, so it doesn't show the frequency of pushes -- but "push" frequencies are not needed when you have the net EV. The net EV is basically a product of taking half the pushes and assigning them to the win column, with the other half going into the loss column. That keeps the sample size the same, while revealing the net gain/loss percentage. For example, if a hand goes W=.50, L=.30 and P=.20, you gain 20 units on 100 hands. If you count each push as a half win and a half loss, you've got W=.60 and L=.40 for the same +.20 EV.

If you really want the "push" frequencies, there is a whole book of W-L-P sim results in 190,000,000 hands of Blackjack by Bill Brown.

KOLAN said:
last results for 180 hands played
hit -48 unit
stand -34 unit
push is good for hit bet
stil stan is better
K so lets all make sure to stand on those 15 v 9s because after 180 hands standing has lost less. With a sample size this large he must be right!