the stratospheres BJ machine that dont shuffle til after 2/3 of the decks dealt

sevencard2003

yeah i posted about this once earlier, but this is a new and rather dumb question maybe, but im getting really frustrated. why is it that the count is negative almost all the time? id think it would have an equal chance of being both positive and negative should it not? ive been losing my ass on it and now my rolls down to only $2000, and i shouldve just used it for $1-2 NL and id been much better off.

maybe i should just get up instead of min bet when the shoes negative? but its the only machine around, and i like locking up all 5 spots on it to MYSELF, so no one else can play. then i can spread from 1 hand of $3 to 5 hands of $100, although i never go over 5 hands of $30 with my meager roll, and seldom do i bet that. (about once every 200 hands). i seem to be forever sitting through bad shoes waiting for the shuffle.

and also if the decks slightly negative anything at all, aint i supposed to hit 13 against 12 or 12 against 14? the problem with counting these down is u have no idea how near its getting to the shuffle.

sevencard2003

also id appreciate it if the moderators would fix it so id aLWAYS GET AUTOMATIC notification of any threads i type in immediate emails, so i dont have to wonder why im not getting emails, and then have to go to the thread and realize i forgot to click the box. it should be set up to automatically do it for every thread i post it.

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
To enable automatic subscriptions with email notification when you post or reply to a thread, do the following:
Go to User CP.
Click on Edit Options.
Look for the Section 'Default Thread Subscription Mode'.
Choose 'Instant Email Notification'.
Click Save Changes.

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
Now, a question about the game itself. Is there an indication when the shuffle occurs? Or is this the same as other similar games I've seen where it is guesswork?

sevencard2003

hasnt it been determined from reading other threads the shuffle is when they change dealers? since its been checked out by others and is approx every 205 cards, which is about 2/3

shadroch

sevencard2003 said:
hasnt it been determined from reading other threads the shuffle is when they change dealers? since its been checked out by others and is approx every 205 cards, which is about 2/3
Have you actually bothered to count and see if the dealers change every 205 cards?

sevencard2003

no i simply assumed the other guy who posted in that other thread i read was being truthful. its the same machine, with 5 spots and a screen dealer of a woman with big boobs saying place ur bets. he said hed checked it out, and i think someone else did too. naturally it wont always be 205 exactly sometimes u might draw 1 or 2 more cards on the final hand.

Pro21

I have not looked at the machine, but don't you think if the Vegas Club had to take it out that the company may have changed the software? How do you know it is still dealing 2/3?

Mimosine

sevencard2003 said:
no i simply assumed the other guy who posted in that other thread i read was being truthful.
if you READ that thread carefully, despite advice people gave (like actually sitting and WATCHING the game - NOT PLAYING it - to figure out if you could determine the shuffle.

I don't think ANYONE actually did this, you could have though, but it doesn't seem you bothered to take the time either. i really can't believe that you would 'gamble' on a game where there wasn't enough information to know if the shuffle point could be determined.....

sevencard2003

no it wouldnt say that on the machine if it wasnt true. or they could lose their license and be fined heavily. and it was in a post about a BJ machine that i think was in rhode island and im sure its the same machine. since its a speaking dealer with big boobs saying place ur bets.

anyway they talked about in the thread how they counted it down to where it was changing dealers every 205 hands on average, which was 2/3 of a 6 deck shoe. wish that guy would post in here i forgot his name and id have to hunt up that thread again. also ive not been to laughlin recently but ive been told by someone its got the same machine too but for lower stakes. which would help since my rolls about $2300 now only.

sevencard2003 said:
no it wouldnt say that on the machine if it wasnt true. or they could lose their license and be fined heavily. and it was in a post about a BJ machine that i think was in rhode island and im sure its the same machine. since its a speaking dealer with big boobs saying place ur bets.

anyway they talked about in the thread how they counted it down to where it was changing dealers every 205 hands on average, which was 2/3 of a 6 deck shoe. wish that guy would post in here i forgot his name and id have to hunt up that thread again. also ive not been to laughlin recently but ive been told by someone its got the same machine too but for lower stakes. which would help since my rolls about $2300 now only.
It's me, and if you only have a $2300 BR you should be playing a better game than that.

The only information I have that indicates that the shuffle happens when the dealer changes is a civilian (?) I was speaking to when watching the game. It makes perfect sense. But it could be wrong.

shadroch

These pay out 3-2, but I have not seen them on the strip, only downtown and in laughlin. They very well may be on the strip, it's just been awhile since I bothered playing on the strip.

I played this a couple weeks ago

I counted it down; it was more (a lot more) than 205 cards for a dealer change. It was not close to 2/3 of a shoe, so my partner and I did not continue to play. This was a couple weeks ago; i guess that machines gone now?

lucifer

I checked out the machine and i never saw them shuffle.The old bj blitz machine would show a shuffle.i dont know why they wouldnt do it with this machine. I guess you could call shuffle master.

MoneyPlays

sevencard2003 said:
...and im sure its the same machine. since its a speaking dealer with big boobs saying place ur bets.
Well, at least you got to look at some big boobs while you threw your money away. :grin: I'm surprised a pit boss didn't appear on the screen when you spread those 5 hands at $30. ;)

Seriously, you played this game based solely on things like 'I heard this, someone said that, I assumed this' etc. That's just crazy wild gambling there. Wouldn't recommend it.

I tried a video BJ game one time called multi-hand BJ. I hit the deal button and stupid me didn't realize that it would automatically give me the max 7 hands. Dealer had BJ and I never got to draw a card to any of them. That was an easy $14 lesson and the last time I ever tried a video BJ game. :laugh:

FLASH1296

With 2/3 pen' and the huge spread described, the machine is very beatable; assuming that it is honest.

Isn't that perfectly obvious ?