what counting system do you use?

muppet

i'm curious to see what counting system(s) (if any) y'all use, and perhaps for what type of games.

i'm using hi-lo for mostly 1D and 2D games, although i suppose i'll play 6D if that's what's available

Last edited:

SleightOfHand

There have been quite a few polls regarding this question. I don't recall the responses, but does it really matter? As long as you are playing a strong game, the difference between systems isn't big enough (imo) to worry about, aside from the weak systems like A-5 and speed count. Unless you are professionally counting cards (which in itself is extremely difficult) you probably won't see much difference between the systems. Play what you are able to play without making errors and that's the best system

PS: I'm aware that this wasn't necessarily your question but I had some time to write a response :p

PPS: i use zen for all games

Last edited:

Canceler

Some people don't mind answering this question ten times a year. I'm not one of them. :(

Instead, I'll just mention this poll, which, while it is from 2008, does contain 135 votes.

chessplayer

I had planned to use the MCghee plus minus count but am not sure about its effectiveness. It is surely one of the easiest, if not the easiest because all cards are either plus or minus 1 and there is no 0 cards.

(Dead link: http://www.averagejoeblackjack.com/level1balanced2.html)

Deathclutch

chessplayer said:
I had planned to use the MCghee plus minus count but am not sure about its effectiveness. It is surely one of the easiest, if not the easiest because all cards are either plus or minus 1 and there is no 0 cards.

(Dead link: http://www.averagejoeblackjack.com/level1balanced2.html)
Normally counting more cards makes a count seem harder to someone. Also after checking the tags on this count, it's not a very strong count and is pretty weak in all areas. If you're just beginning I'd check here http://www.qfit.com/card-counting.htm to see some of the stronger counts and maybe learn one of these. Good luck!

I use Omega II w/Ace Side count. But I switch to Zen Count if need-be for Shoe games. I found that it took me very little practice to be cross-trained in my counting ability between the two.

LIB

Floored RPC with full deck divisor and half deck resolution. I'm using quarter deck resolutions in some portions when calculation is easy, e.g. RC of 10 and 2.25 remaining, but I'm working on getting everything in quarter deck. I noticed that I'm getting better at TC calculation by quarter deck only because, without meaning to, I ended up memorizing the benchmark digits after repetitions rather than improved mental arithmetic.

muppet

dont you guys get tired/fatigued a lot quicker with level 2 counts?

level 1 counts just seem so much easier..especially hi-lo with 3 neutral cards

Deathclutch

muppet said:

I don't notice much of a difference. Ones and twos seem to wear me out just the same.

sagefr0g

muppet said:

just keeping the running count of a level 1 count, irritates me.
unless it's a double deck game i don't even bother.

bigplayer

High Low

muppet said:
i'm curious to see what counting system(s) (if any) y'all use, and perhaps for what type of games.

i'm using hi-lo for mostly 1D and 2D games, although i suppose i'll play 6D if that's what's available
High Low

beating vegas

muppet said:

ko full with added indecs and tko charts for betting