What if the count never improves?

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
Automatic Monkey said:
Aren't flip phones not supposed to ring when they are open, because the ring can cause hearing damage?
That's a good question. If you have the phone open, but aren't actually talking to someone, I don't know if it would ring or not.

bj bob

Phoney Phone Phun

On my phone I just hit "Voice Mail" and listen to my old/new messages. If there's an incoming call while I'm listening, it will give a "call waiting" tone which is pretty mellow.

p8ntballsk8r said:
Say I'm playing 6d KO, and the count hovers around -5 or lower, but never breaks the key count. Am I doomed to bet 1 unit and hope for positive variance?

Only other strategy I can think of is wonging out. One problem I've had is how to make look natural. I wong'd out of 1 shoe that was going no where, cuz I 'had to go to the bathroom', and when the dealer said I couldn't hop back in on the same shoe, I looked puzzled.

But then the next shoe went negative as well... having already used up by bathroom excuse within the last 10 mins, what is another way to get away from a bad count, without looking like an AP
I've played 6d KO at the red chip level when the crowd starts to thin out with only three other people at the table and simply stopped betting when the count tanked, then jumped back in when the count went back up without ever leaving my seat. At that level I really think all it takes is a "I'm going to wait until the luck turns around" comment and the ability to count without using your fingers and toes, but maybe I've just been lucky.

mdlbj

Doc said:
I've played 6d KO at the red chip level when the crowd starts to thin out with only three other people at the table and simply stopped betting when the count tanked, then jumped back in when the count went back up without ever leaving my seat. At that level I really think all it takes is a "I'm going to wait until the luck turns around" comment and the ability to count without using your fingers and toes, but maybe I've just been lucky.
Doc really nailed it here. I will sit at a table and watch askholes waste thousands of dollars on a neg shoe. I just look around for the server and wong. Mr. Wong is my hero. thank you sir!!!

ChefJJ

Sad thing is that I've sat through a few shoes that never got near the key count and still did alright. Obviously, the odds were against me, but we've all seen big counts go against us, so...

good luck