Your thoughts on a rule.

shadroch

The game isDouble Deck BJ, dealt from a automatic shuffle machine.
The house rule is two rounds with four or more players, three rounds with less. But if four Aces come out in any round, they shuffle up.
I'm thinking this should slightly help the player. Does it?

Sucker

If you were to take 4 aces out of a double deck game, a basic strategy player would be playing at about a 1.8% disadvantage off the top of the deck, so yes; this shuffle up rule DOES help the players.

ihate17

If you play heads up????

Three rounds with 3 or less players equals about 17 cards playing heads up or 16-17% penetration, unbelieveable.
Actually, they might give you one or two additional hands, still horrible, because in heads up the auto shuffler will not have the next DD ready after 3 hands.
You can not count this game. If you can hole card it, forget it.

Blue Efficacy

ihate17 said:
Three rounds with 3 or less players equals about 17 cards playing heads up or 16-17% penetration, unbelieveable.
Actually, they might give you one or two additional hands, still horrible, because in heads up the auto shuffler will not have the next DD ready after 3 hands.
You can not count this game. If you can hole card it, forget it.
Shad isn't asking if you can count this game. He has been around long enough to know you can't.

He is asking if the shuffle policy is beneficial.

HockeXpert

Sucker said:
If you were to take 4 aces out of a double deck game, a basic strategy player would be playing at about a 1.8% disadvantage off the top of the deck, so yes; this shuffle up rule DOES help the players.
I'm sure you guys are aware but to clarify this for the noobs out there reading this, shuffling after 1/2 the aces have been removed does increase your advantage if the game pays 3:2. If the game pays 6:5, your gain is significantly lower but you shouldn't be playing 6:5 anyway.

Shad didn't mention the bj payout in his post.

HockeXpert

shadroch

HockeXpert said:
I'm sure you guys are aware but to clarify this for the noobs out there reading this, shuffling after 1/2 the aces have been removed does increase your advantage if the game pays 3:2. If the game pays 6:5, your gain is significantly lower but you shouldn't be playing 6:5 anyway.

HockeXpert
To me, BJ pays 3-2. Any other payout is not BJ, its a carnival 21 game.

jack.jackson

HockeXpert said:

HockeXpert
Intersting point! Also wouldnt the # of players affect this rule, since four are more likely to come out with more players on the table?