CV V6 planning

jack.jackson

Not sure if the new one is out yet. But one thing i would like to see if at all possible, is that when generating indices is 1) you get a reminder for the option, for the strategy file name and 2) when you overwrite the file name, it only overwrites the indexes that you specify(instead of overwriting the whole file, even if you wanted to generate a single index). And 3) It keeps the same "playing strategy". Once you specify to overwrite the file, it also overwrites the "playing strategy".

For example: Lets say i create indexes for hi-lo, but omit the split indexes.

Now, lets just say, i want to generate split indexes for Zen, but want to put them with my hi-lo indexes(same strategy). So I would use Zen as my "playing strategy" and proceed to overwrite my hi-lo strategy on the index page, hoping that it would simply add the Zen split indexes to my hi-lo "strategy."

Instead, not only does overwrite(erase all hi-lo indexes) but it ALSO uses the hi-lo tags as well.

Sorry, if im missing something, or if this would cause more problems that im unaware of, but its an idea?

QFIT

Set the playing strategy file name and the new file name to the same name. This will have the same effect. Actually, much better as it will use the other indexes as a source for the new index. Indexes affect each other and you shouldn't generate one index and expect it to work well with other indexes unless CVIndex is aware of them.

bigplayer

How about adding a paper clip that bounces around giving advice...call it Clippy. :) just kidding.

Actually I'd still like to be able to change all of the rules for the strategy in effect from within the CV Drills program without having to exit to the game and go to options to move back and forth between h17 and s17.

QFIT

bigplayer said:
How about adding a paper clip that bounces around giving advice...call it Clippy. :) just kidding.
Hmm. Sounds kinda familiar.

bigplayer said:
Actually I'd still like to be able to change all of the rules for the strategy in effect from within the CV Drills program without having to exit to the game and go to options to move back and forth between h17 and s17.
That's in.