Recent content by techster

  1. T

    Responses you've made to ploppies.

    One evening I finally got tired of a ploppy at 3rd base making comments about my (correct) plays. After dogging me for hitting a soft 18 against a dealer 10 I told here that is what basic strategy says to do. She said no, it doesn't. So I pushed 4 greens towards the middle of the table and...
  2. T

    Downtown Vegas Report

    Just got back from a week in Vegas. Stayed at the Fitz. Terrible games there. Most of the games payed 6:5, even the 8-deck! Needless to say, I did not play a nickel. Played some at the California because my wife liked it there. 2-deck, DAS, $5 min. Penetration varied by dealer--many gave...
  3. T

    Not on the strip/not downtown

    I play Tunica regularly, but have not been to Vegas in years. My wife and I are going the week after Christmas. There are a lot of threads here about strip casinos and downtown casinos, but very little on other casinos. Cheapovegas.com has good things to say, for instance, about Sam's...
  4. T

    Bad play by 3rd base player!

    It all evens out!! Playing at my local casino when an elderly man sat down. Evidently the only rule he remembered about playing bj was stay on 17 or more, because he hit every hand until he had 17 regardless of the dealer's up card. Well guess what? First hand, he had a 13 and dealer showed...
  5. T

    Worst game I've ever seen

    Just got back from a trip to Tunica. The Sheraton had a table with a CSM AND 6:5 blackjack! Advertised the hell out of it because it was a $3 minimum and the table was full everytime I walked by. Fitzgerald still has the best games--two deck and six deck, plenty of low minimum tables, and...
  6. T

    i dont believe this

    early surrender in ok There is a small Indian casino in Miami, OK, that offers early surrender, but they hit S17. They are also one of the few Indian casinos that offer ante-free BJ for much of the week.
  7. T

    antes at new OK casino?

    Does anyone know if the new Downstream Casino near Joplin is suspending the antes on blackjack like so many of the nearby casinos have done? Its a two hour drive for me and I don't want to make it if the antes are required.
  8. T

    New dealer brings unwanted attention

    Yes, the casinos in OK do charge an ante, but several of them are beginning to run promotions where no ante is charged on certain days. Its funny though--the state REQUIRES an ante be charged so before each round, after the bets have been placed, the dealer must "show" antes for each player and...
  9. T

    New dealer brings unwanted attention

    I was playing last night at a local Indian casino (Oklahoma) at a table with a young lady who had only been dealing blackjack 2 weeks--she must have been 18 or 19. She made a LOT of mistakes. Miscounting cards, miscounting payouts, etc. She had to ask the pit for help on most blackjacks. I...
  10. T

    Blackjack machine question

    A local Indian casino just installed one of those blackjack machines with the life size video of a dealer on a screen and players sitting at a table playing blackjack with electronically dealt cards (I've seen them in Vegas and Reno, but its the first time I've seen one at an Indian casino)...
Back
Top