Message board software update

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
We're now running a new version of the vBulletin software on this forum. Let me know if you have any problems.

In addition, I changed the default view for all forums to show all messages instead of just those in the past month.

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
zengrifter said:
I vote that BJINFO turn on HTML code. All in favor say AYE. zg
No, I still don't want that security headache. It's just too easy to do all sorts of sinister things with HTML access.

KenSmith said:
No, I still don't want that security headache. It's just too easy to do all sorts of sinister things with HTML access.
I would think that 2nd-gen social site code, like VB'08 is reasonably secure, no? zg

Last edited:

Kasi

KenSmith said:
We're now running a new version of the vBulletin software on this forum. Let me know if you have any problems.
It could just be my imagination but almost every night my first reply-to-a-post starts asking me to log-in again because I took too much time I guess replying. Then it asks me to log-in again but the effect is I can never find my original reply. So I have recently got into the habit of just pasting my reply to memory anticipating that. Then I just go back to the website and start all over again and go back to same thread and paste my reply back in from memory.

After that I don't seem to have a problem of logging in again and my reply still being there when I take too long for my reply. Which I almost always do lol.

Sometimes, though, like tonite, I swear to God it took my reply yet it wasn't there just now lol.

Mostly though, it's the first stuff I mention that drives me a little crazy in case you can find any reason for it. Never used to happen.

Kasi said:
It could just be my imagination but almost every night my first reply-to-a-post starts asking me to log-in again because I took too much time I guess replying. Then it asks me to log-in again but the effect is I can never find my original reply. So I have recently got into the habit of just pasting my reply to memory anticipating that. Then I just go back to the website and start all over again and go back to same thread and paste my reply back in from memory.

After that I don't seem to have a problem of logging in again and my reply still being there when I take too long for my reply. Which I almost always do lol.

Sometimes, though, like tonite, I swear to God it took my reply yet it wasn't there just now lol.

Mostly though, it's the first stuff I mention that drives me a little crazy in case you can find any reason for it. Never used to happen.
Its time for you to leave AOL, Grasshopper. zg

Brutus

Kasi said:

happens to me as well.

I hit the "remember me" checkbox at log in, and open an additional page from the site when posting.

Kasi

KenSmith said:
If you're being asked to login again while at the site, check the recommendations for AOL users:
http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=2835
Thanks Ken.

I've never been an AOL user. Well, once in 1994 or so maybe, but that was enough for me. I go out of my way to use nothing they own lol.

Never ever checked the "Remember Me" box. Why is it there as an option if it's mandatory it be checked? Never had to before and don't want to now.

Cookies always set at medium. Ising IE 7.0.5730.11 in Win XP.

Nothing has changed on my end that I can tell except it started after your software update.

Not a big deal - I'll deal with it lol.

What does the "Remember Box" actually do when checked? Would my name show up as on your website as a current viewer when I haven't logged in yet?
Drop a cookie on me that wouldn't otherwise make it through a medium setting?

You want me to allow your website to drop any cookie it wants to on me?
Why, if so, must that happen? (I haven't checked my cookies latey - for all I know there may be on e there lol.)

I don't mind logging in again, I just want to be able to get back to my reply after logging in again the first time I reply to a post like always happened before your software update.

On the other hand, maybe something has changed at my end and I just don't know it lol.

If you can find no reason that such a thing has occurred due to the update, I'll just deal with that. No problem. It really sn't any big deal at all - took me at least a month to even bring it up lol.

But I'm not gonna check the "Remember Me" box or allow your website to drop any cookie it wants.

Edited to add that this was my first reply to a post, after a cold re-boot, and that I had to log-in again but the reply WAS STILL HERE lmao. Just like the good old days lol. Maybe leaving my computer on for 3 days has something to do with it lol.

Any chance you made any changes to save my sanity lol?

Last edited:
Similar problem for another new member who could PM but not post -
(Dead link: http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/member.php?u=2824) _haxxilla_

Re: hey
I can't seem to be able to post. It always brings me back to the page where I have to log in. When I log in again it brings me back there again... It's been doing that for a couple of days now.

KenSmith

Administrator
Staff member
I need to head over to vBulletin.com to see what I can learn about this problem. I know the new version includes some new concept of security tokens to prevent cross-site request forgery. I suspect that is related to the problem.

bj bob

Evolution

bjcount said:
JJ
Click the community button and the member list link pops up. The mouse over does not work.

BJC
It's been changed because Ken, in his infinite wisdom, has determined that we have evolved into a community as opposed to our previous status of a primitive pack, tribe or mob.
Thanks Ken for upgrading our socio-anthropological identity. We shall indeed enjoy our new found niche on the evolutionary ladder and I promise to cook all of my fresh kill in the future.