At BlackjackInfo, we strive to use the “Golden Rule” principle to guide our usage of any data that you provide to us.
That is, we treat your information with the same security and vigilance that we would expect ourselves. In today’s Internet environment some use of visitor information is necessary, so here is the breakdown of what we do with information that you may provide to us.
If you choose to subscribe to our free email newsletter:
We would not want our email address shared with anyone, so we are equally vigilant with yours.
- We don’t share or sell our email list with any other companies or sites. Therefore, any message that you receive as a result of subscribing will clearly indicate that it originated from BlackjackInfo.com.
- Every newsletter message that you receive will have a link to remove your address from the email list if you so desire.
- For further protection, each addition or removal of an address to our list sends a confirmation to the address, showing the time and IP address of the user responsible.
- We will never sell, rent, lease, barter or exchange any information about you, including email address, name or physical address.
- We take every reasonable precaution to protect our user information.
If you engage in a business transaction on the site, such as purchasing from our store:
Here again, the “Golden Rule” applies.
- When a transaction is involved, we must share some of the information you provide with our outside service providers in order to complete the desired transaction. For example, if you make a purchase in our store, we must provide your name, address, and payment information to our payment processor Authorize.net. We then use your address information through the US Postal Service, FedEx, or UPS websites as needed to ship your item. You get the idea… Some information sharing is necessary to complete the transaction.
- But we again take every reasonable precaution to protect your information, and limit the sharing to only necessary details.
Like all websites, each visitor’s interaction with this site creates a flurry of entries in our server’s log files. These logs include the date and time of your visit, the IP address from which you are visiting, and any details about your computer or browser that are provided by your browser. These access details do not include personally identifiable information, though if you choose to provide such information through your interaction, it would be possible to connect a visit with a particular user. This is not a normal usage of the logs, but we may do so in the event of fraud or malicious activity.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically default to accept them, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings please be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on our Website.
Speaking of “cookies”, we may use them on this site for a variety of reasons to facilitate the functioning of the site. We do not use them to track your visits for any other purpose. Examples of cookie usage are things like remembering your login details, or managing the entry of a store order.
We may display advertising to visitors to this site, and in some cases the advertising images may originate directly from our advertising partners. Those advertisers are able to see the usual Internet log information for those requests, which includes typical anonymous log file information. No personally identifiable information is made available through our site to our advertisers, but any browser settings on your computer that affect the data sent with each request will of course be applicable. This typically includes cookies, user-agent information, and software version information.
A Final Word
What a lot of fine print, right?! That’s just the world we live in these days.
Just to be clear, we want to treat your data with the care that it deserves, and guard it in every way we can.