All Comments

Here are all the comments posted on the site, with the most recent discussions listed first.
To participate in any of these discussions, you can reply on the article page.

  • Ken,

    This may not be the most appropriate page to post this, but let me explain the situation. I aspire to hopefully gather a group of trustworthy guys together to form a blackjack team. unless I overlooked it, I don’t see anything anywhere on this website that discusses team play. It will be quite some time before I can actually execute this plan, but I have numerous details already worked out in my head and I’d like to run them by a pro to get some tips and advice.i have read several articles online discussing team play, but are there any resources or references you can give me about? And if you are willing and/or have time if I could somehow discuss some of my specific ideas with you? Just knowing of a good source either online or a good book I could get my hands on would suffice. Thank you.

  • The casino here in my place only has 8 deck minimum $15 dollar table. Is it mean I should prepare $10,000 in bankroll in order to make money? The problem is I don’t have too much money…

  • Ken,

    Expected Win / Standard Deviation. Assumptions: $12 average bet, 50 hands per hour, 1.25% average advantage, using be $5 to $60.
    Under these conditions I could take a trip to play 90 hours with only 1,175 dollars. In the worst of the hypotheses would lose only 1,175, with good chances of winning back. Is that so?
    Casino Rules:
    8 decks, H17 , DAS, Late Surrender , Peek , 70 % penetration.

  • Ken,

    I’m playing 8 decks, H17 , DAS, Late Surrender , Peek , 75 % penetration.
    I threw 200 boxes, 20 boxes a day.

    80 % of the time I played alone, just me and the dealer , the other 20 % at the maximum with another player .

    My bets are fixed : $ 5 in true negative score or = 2. I use also the top ten and leave the table when the true count is too low.

    The result so far is an average US 495.25 a day, I’m making 4925.50 in total.

    I’m lucky?

    I am within the standard deviation ?

    I can improve my bets ?

  • Hey! There’s a problem with the trainer…. I use Firefox and the trainer won’t let you hit on the second card. Thought you should know. See notes from others as well.

  • Hey Ken,
    I asked a couple questions about progressive betting and navigation of the blackjack school. And I want to thank you for the responses. I just came up with another question. So on this matrix a Hard16 vs 10 says to hit. So why is it when I plug the same game in to the engine, and turn on the option to surrender, the engine says to surrender on 10, but if that’s not an option, to stand(RS)?

  • Willy Wonka said:
    (Posted to: Card Counting)

    Hi 🙂 I’m 19 and a French-Canadian so sorry for any grammar mistakes and weird sentences formulation 😛

    I had just started to count card in the nearest casino from my house, and last time I could not play at my usual table because they were to many people who were playing really slowly (and really badly, but it’s not my problem), so I move my ass to an other table. That second table was a Free Bet Black Jack table. I have look up on the internet for some basic strategy charts with indexes, but none of them have the same rule has the one that I was playing. I know that it won’t make a big of a difference, but still.

    So my question is : Can you tell my were to look to find the information that I want, which is a basic strategy charts for Free Bet table with full indexes?

    Rules : BlackJack pays 3:2, 8 decks, Dealer hit Soft 17, Split to 4 hands, Double down after split allow (except after split of As’), No surrender, Split of As’ allow but only one time and one and only one card is given, No CSM, Free Bet on Hard 9,10,11 and any pair except pair of 10’s, Dealer Push on 22, Dealer BlackJack Push player BlackJack.

    Tell me if you need any more information.

  • Yo guy i absoloutely agree with you 100%
    Weather it’s 20k or 2 k
    It’s nothing to beat me fair and square
    But to cheat me????
    I just left the casino
    Out of Four tables
    Everyone of the tables first card
    Was a face a ten a seven or an ace
    They just cheated me out of 2k today
    I bet a $600 dollar hand and bet $25 on lucky ladies
    The dealer delt me a 20
    Two jacks
    So she paid the hundred from betting $25
    On lucky ladies
    Her turn up card was a face
    And the turn down card was a 6
    She flipped the next card and it was a 5
    Today 3 times I had 20
    And she beats me with a 21
    It’s not fair
    Like I said it’s nothing to beat me straight up
    But to cheat me
    Is disrespectful